I have always found it impressive how much you can learn from a simple tutorial hunt. It almost challenges the amount of money I have spent on a formal education when I would have gotten a great deal of the information learned in those classes simply by surfing the web.
the link above is the tutorial that I chose to review as it would help my in the planning stages of my social media book project.
One of the first things that I learned to be mindful of in page design is to use slugs to my advantage. In that way I assure that things on the page are consistently placed far enough away form the edges.
Also important is the idea of filling the frame proportionally. I have always known to keep images at their original proportions, yet I had not known of the specific options under the Object menu.
Seattle Logo: Weaknesses
1. The current logo is a throwback to a “influential” Native known as Chief Seattle. This is a sensitive personification to critique. I feel that it is important to pay respects to the past, and it is never wise to undervalue the dept we as a nation owe to our Native predecessors. However, it may be true that this homage may be over exaggerated.
2. The current logo may be too stale. Although import to pay homage it pays not reference to the city as it exists today.
3. There is a unique diversity and mood associated with Seattle that is not mentioned in the current design.
New Logo: Goals
I aim to Illustrate the city’s Unique character by visual combining as many features into one image. To do so I need to include:
1. Its culture, as there is a great many things to do in Seattle.
2. Its geographical location as it pertains to it consistently drab weather.
3. The overall mood that is created by it many characteristics.